Buying Ray Ban sunglasses online

Carnmore

Frequent Poster
Can anyone recommend a site to buy genuine Ray Ban sunglasses at a reasonable price?

I'm looking for the RB3183 004/71

Leo

The prices of goods like these are pretty strictly controlled so that online sellers don't undercut the stores.

Purple

Frequent Poster
Google "RB3183 004/71"; prices vary from €74.20 to €165.00.
What constitutes "reasonable"?
You can buy a grand paid of sunglasses on Amazon for a fiver but while others may not notice you just won't feel as cool while wearing them. I know, I've done both. :D

MrEarl

Frequent Poster
They are reduced to €109 on Sunglasses.ie at the moment and there's also mention of a price match guarantee on their website (no idea what the T&Cs of this price match are).

They have a well established shop on Dawson Street, Dublin 2, which might prove handy if you want to try them on, get a bit of advice, or need after sales assistance etc.

Markove

Frequent Poster
This is a late post but based on my own experience I would only buy designer sunglasses on the official website of the particular manufacturer.

SBarrett

Frequent Poster
I'd only buy from reputable bricks and mortar shop. Online may be "dodgy" :(
...or from the official website.

But I agree that if you are buying it somewhere that is a lot cheaper than a shop, it's either a discontinued line or fake

tallpaul

Frequent Poster
Variations in the price of LEGITIMATE Ray-Bans generally comes down to the type of lens. The same frame can be sold with polarised and on-polarised lenses.