Buying oil for an Oil Fueled Central Heating house

J

Joe Nonety

I've never bought it before.
Is there a delivery charge and a minimum order?
I'm in the Clontarf area and any recommendations on a supplier would be welcome.

oil

There is no delivery charge,however the market is open and every seller can charge what he/she wants.
Usually there is a minimum order.
Use the yellow"golden" pages and check out the prices.
Have the details ready:delivery address,quantity,quality that you need(kerosene or home heating oil).Kerosene is slightly more expensive and home heating is cheaper but contains more sulfur-the decision depends on your boiler
and your "green" thinking.Sulfur dioxide is neither good for our health nor is it good -in the long term -for the boiler and chimney.Some manufacturers of boilers claim it doesn't matter....

Hi Joe Nonety

Ask them how much per litre (vat inclusive) for say 500 litres (approx 1/2 a tank) and for 1000 litres. Some tanks take 1200 litres approx.

Emo oil has been mentioned a good bit on AAM. I bought mine - kerosene from Tougher oil for 46c per litre for 750 litres - slightly cheaper than Emo - about 10 euros per 1000 litres. It also accepts AMEX blue if you have this credit card which gives you a further 1% discount.

Marion :hat

Joe
You will find vouchers for money off in the Independent Directory or on the back of supermarket receipts.
Ring your way through the Golden Pages, you should then find
the cheapest supplier.
The only difference is price.

Back