Buying Office 2003 - Student

legend99

Lads,
Most places here seemto be selling it for circa €170 - some on ebay are offering it for circa £50 sterling. Do ebay ensure that software sold is genuine licensed version? Or is there anywhere else one can get genuine office 2003 student edition at good price?
Thanks

If you're a registered student, you might be able to get it installed on your laptop for free by your College's IT services, under the terms of their site licence — have you asked?

check out this site http://www.software4students.ie/

I remember reading about it a few months ago in the papers but never had a good look at since I'm not a student. First thought is that MS Office was like 100 Eur - nearly equal to a dodgy copy bought off ebay for 50 GBP.

check out this site http://www.software4students.ie/

I remember reading about it a few months ago in the papers but never had a good look at since I'm not a student. First thought is that MS Office was like 100 Eur - nearly equal to a dodgy copy bought off ebay for 50 GBP.

They are offering Office 2007 Professional for just 99 euro inc vat? how is that possible? Nothing to do with student licence there like? usual price is 550 euro???

As an aside, the price has dropped in the shops now. Was down in Dixons and package still has 180 euro sticket but is actually 130 euro, while student edition 2007 is 120 euro. which should I get, or should I get the office 2007 professional from that site? is there a danger that in getting 2007 that some stuff would be too new for many other users???

As mentioned above, check with your college as they might have signed up to the Microsoft Campus agreement. If they have taken out the full options, then you would be entitled to install MS-Office under their agreement at no cost to yourself.

Lads,
Most places here seemto be selling it for circa €170 - some on ebay are offering it for circa £50 sterling. Do ebay ensure that software sold is genuine licensed version? Or is there anywhere else one can get genuine office 2003 student edition at good price?
Thanks

Most colleges have a site licence. Do you really need it though?

They are offering Office 2007 Professional for just 99 euro inc vat? how is that possible? Nothing to do with student licence there like? usual price is 550 euro???

As an aside, the price has dropped in the shops now. Was down in Dixons and package still has 180 euro sticket but is actually 130 euro, while student edition 2007 is 120 euro. which should I get, or should I get the office 2007 professional from that site? is there a danger that in getting 2007 that some stuff would be too new for many other users???

I would suspect you need a registered third level email address when ordering or something. Of course, it would come with a 'student' licence (basically - that you're not going to use the software for business/generating income) but you decide if it suits you. In my opinion, if one asks for help they better be prepared to listen.

Back