buying new car tyres

dewdrop

i need to replace motor tyres and my tyre dealer proposes selling me a brand called cobra. has anyone had an experience with such a make. i am very ignorant re such matters. thanks.

Never heard of them. Be wary. Substandard tyres can kill you, your passengers, and innocent 3rd parties.

AFAIK Cobra are made by Cooper Tire (or Tyre) and Rubber Company who are sponsors of the A1 Grand Prix series. They are a pretty good brand, but I haven't run across them in Ireland before. They also make Avon tyres. Who is the tyre dealer?

he is actually a friend of mine with whom i did business many years ago but in the interim i had a company car..now retired and i went back to him. he told me brand was sound and i kindof trust him but for peace of mind would like i i ndependent confirmation. i apologise for posting this twice but i am not very familiar with computers. when i tried to submit my first post a message came up saying it was too short or something to that effect so i had another go. we are not all experts!!

in fact the name of the tyre is corsa..sorry for confusion.

Have a look at this [broken link removed]

Manufactured in Indonesia, using radial technology licenced from Conti (makers of Continental Tyres), imported into Europe via UAE.

What tyre size do you need? What is the make and model of your car?

i have decided to do businesswith my old friend...it is a nissan almera and quite frankly i am not too sure re the type of tyre. just shows how ignorant some of us are re the basics. again thanks to all for responses.