Buying Mothers house

I’d approach the existing lender and point out that they’ve a problem...they need to drag a little old lady through the Courts in 2022 to try and get her out of her home. The solution? Give you and your siblings a mortgage for €240k.

Alternatively, you and your wife buy it for €240k with a mortgage from some other bank. But, behind the scenes, you and your Mum and your siblings agree that your Mum retains a share equal to 110/350 of the value of the property.

Thanks Paddy

But that underlines my point. To get a proper answer all the information should be put in one post at the start so that we don't need to extract the information bit by bit.
Brendan
Brendan, I don't have all the information to fill out, its not my mortgage. I am buying the house that's a given, my question was simply will my mother be in trouble with revenue if she lives rent free. I"m not looking for advice on the debt, as I said we have been in talks through a organisation helping us, we have no other options. We've spent the last year clearing the arrears. They want the debt paid in full in 2022.

Back