Buying Laptop Off Dell can you Bargain With Them?

chippy

Hi gang,i am thinking of buying a laptop off Dell.just wondering has anyone had any experience calling them up and ordering by phone instead of online.Has anyone received a discount through old fashion haggling or would that be a total waste of time.Would a return customer receive any discount and can you leave out the Windows Vista to drop the price?.Any help appreciated. Chippy

Yes you can. Their are sales men have targets to meet and can give discounts etc. Do your research on the model online first, so you have prices at hand.

Dont buy a dell laptop. Get a decent one for a similar price, you will be much happier with your decision. Get on to dabs.ie and you'll find a Toshiba or Sony competitive prices, in my humble opinion they are far far better - I have one of each and I avoid using the Dell at all costs, slower, way shorter battery life etc, just a nightmare to run

Just compared prices between dell Ireland and uk,over 92 euros difference plus uk throw in webcam which is 39 euros on irish site.Hmmm i will have a rethink.Thanks for all the advice gang. Chippy

If u want to get a webcam, make sure u get a laptop with integrated webcam, less wires, less hassle install & drivers etc, no arguments on this one!! They come as standard on most good brands!

seen as dell are moving to poland for cheaper wages the price of laptops should also come down? we shall wait and see!

If you want to buy from Dell use the UK web page a lot cheaper and you can usually find some discount code from the web to make it even cheaper. only problem you need a uk address

Have a look in the dell outlet page. We purchased a few times from there and got good bargains

Back