Buying in Wedgewood, Sandyford...need advice

pkeane

Hi,

I was thinking of buying a house in The Cherries, Wedgewood in Sandyford and was wondering if anyone lived in or knew the area. I have the usual questions RE: getting in and out of town, local pubs & ammenities etc.

If anyone has any info, it would be greatly appreciated.

I lived in Wedgewood (The Limes) for about 2 years....nice enough place, quiet, nice houses with good structure etc.

There's a council estate across the way but never had a spot of bother from there. The Ballally shopping centre is right beside you and Dundrum a mere stone's throw away...
The only thing I didn't like was the lack of green areas nearby. To go for my walk in the evenings I had a choice of either Sandyford industrial estate or the main Dundrum road - noisy and busy...!

Thanks Dunners,

I really appreciate your help. If the area is nice enough and close to the Luas, i will definately take it further.

I Pkeane, I don't really know the area but my boyfriends uncle used to live in Wedgewood. The Luas is just across the road, practically in the estate. One comment that the uncle made is that there is a passage/ walkway that runs by the backs of some of the houses and a lot of kids hang out there, He said is was best to steer clear of houses that backed on to the passage,

gnash

Hi,

We are going to relocate from Westport to Dublin in April. Is this area at Wedgewood Estate quiet and peaceful enough? Do the the Sandyford industrial estate and the M-50 have a significant impact in terms of quality of life?

Thanks / Regards,
Jose

I have lived in Dundrum all my life and think that the area is fine. The luas and Dundrum Shoppping centre is only down the road. I am afraid now adyas in Dublin, green areas are few and far between but Marlay Park is only up the road. I just wish I could afford to buy in the area

Clonard Park (If thats what it is called) is right accross sandyford road from that estate, its lovely in there.

I think that estate is a good buy, location wise it is absolutely terrific, one of the best I would say.

I would add that I don't think people in that estate look after it and their houses too well though, a lot of the houses are shabby looking, and from the ones that have come up for sale in the last while, a good bit of work may be required inside and out.

m50 and sandyford are nearby, and add immeasurably to the quality of life.

I lived in Wedgewood for 20 years (family home), The Rowans - and loved the area. My daughter still goes to school there (Queen of Angels) and I still work in the area. If you haven't already bought a house there, its a lovely area. No where is too far away!

Back