Buying in lucan - need advice.

T

tommyn147

Guys, can I get assistance on where are the nicest areas to buy in lucan, with an asking price of 310k which is bargainable down to circa 300k.I wanna avoid any sort of council estate proximities or social housing. and preferable within 5-10mins of bus stop.

Where have you looked - Lots of threads on Lucan.

I lived in Lucan up to two years ago - what would a budget of €310 afford there now.

I'd be looking around new lucan. Im told Moy Glas, Castle Riada, Fforester, Griffeen.. If anyone has opinions on which of these would be superior, I'd appreciate it. thx

I'd be looking around new lucan. Im told Moy Glas, Castle Riada, Fforester, Griffeen.. If anyone has opinions on which of these would be superior, I'd appreciate it. thx

Tommy, all those estates are in the same general area, but Fforester comes under St Mary's parish if you were interested in getting children into the school's in the village.
I don't think it is as big a deal as it used to be as there is more choice for Schools in Lucan as there was a few years back.

Hiya tommy, my sister lives in moy glas & loves it. She moved there 6years ago & never looked back. I have a young son & often go up to her at weekends, people & kids are welcoming . . . .never any trouble, very quite estate.

Best of luck.

I bought a 3 bed in Fforestor off the plans back in 2001 for £162,500 (about €199k). The house was very well built and well insulated for heat and noise. I would think that prices have a bit more to fall yet, especially as there are lot of the same type of houses for sale. We moved on in 2004 but I always felt that the Fforestor was the nicest of the estates in that area.

Can anyone tell me what schools are attached to St Marys Parish ?

tks

kk

Can anyone tell me what schools are attached to St Marys Parish ?

tks

kk

As far as I know the girls primary school is St Josephs and the boys is St Marys.
The girls school has a better reputation than the boys one.