Buying house with no cert of compliance

Clonback

I am looking at buying a detached house that was built in 1986 with planning but has no certificate of compliance.Dublin Corporation has also lost the planning file.
My solicitor says the title is fine,however when I sell the new purchaser if getting finance may raise issues.
I would appreciate the views of anybody that came across a similar issue.

A cert of compliance is easy, but only if the planning file can be found.

Do they not even have it on microfiche? The original planning for my house can't be found, but they found the microfiche.

Then an engineer looked at plans, looked at house, and issued a cert.

Thanks Red for your reply.Unfortunately there is no microfiche.There is uncertainty regarding whether the house is compliant with planning so when I sell on a purchaser would have a qualified title which a bank may query.
The file got lost with many others when Dublin Corporation were transferring to another authority.No enforcements have issued in 34 years and is well statue barred

In my experience, the qualified title is okay.

You take out insurance and the bank are okay with that.

If a bank are willing to give you a mortgage why would a new buyer have an issue? Have you asked your solicitor if it will be a problem if you come to sell it. Is there a way to get a Cert of Compliance if you hire an engineer.

I remember hearing about this when I was buying my house and thinking that it was the end of the world. The deeds had been lost by the vendor’s bank and the planning files had been lost by the council. It sounded like doomsday to me. But my solicitor reassured me that it was fine. He wrote to the bank, we got an architect to feed into his letter, and we paid around €700 for some form of title insurance (the vendor’s bank covered those costs). It turned out to be fine and happens more often than one might think as I understand it.

Are you buying for cash? Is that why it's only an issue for bank when/if you sell?

I am a cash buyer using an ARF and my solicitor has asked vendors solicitor to provide a bond.

Gordon,it was reassuring to get your feedback