Buying house from abroad

tommythegun

I apologize if this has been brought up before, I can't seem to see a similar thread and would be delighted if anyone could share some info.

Myself & my girlfriend are both living abroad for past number of years and would like to explore opportunity of getting a mortgage at home in Ireland.

The house we are looking at is ~400k and we have ~220k to put as down payment so mortgage of ~180k is what we are looking for.

Thing is, we will be leaving this country where we are in the next 3-5 months and have been offered jobs both at home in Ireland and at another site on another continent and we're unsure of where we're going next.

The property is made up of 2 properties, one smaller one we potentially may have her mother rent from us, and the primary property would be for us to live in or either rent out if we choose the jobs abroad. There would be no issue covering the mortgage with renting the 2 properties. We would intend to live in this residence after the next job is finished if we don't take the one's in Ireland.

Would any banks touch us @ home?

220k savings
Both contracting in busy industry.
No loans or debts
No dependants
Early - mid 30's in age

Many thanks for any opinions in Advance.

Thanks,
Tom

Back