Buying gold in small amounts.

Dave Vanian

What would be the minimum amount required to buy physical gold and how would one go about buying in small quantities?

It would suit me to buy in small quantities, e.g. hundreds of euro at a time, regularly. Is there anywhere that will facilitate this?

Thank you.

Consider your transaction costs, if you are planning on buying physical gold bullion, on a regular basis - they may prove quite high, given the amount that you'll be investing.

It may be worth looking at buying certificates from the likes of the Perth Mint, instead.

Goldcore.ie are good. They deliver (depending on what stage of lockdown we’re in) or they hold the gold for you at a small cost. I’ve used them and found them quite professional. Of course, like any commodity, prices can go down as well as up etc. Do keep an eye on the trends for gold - the price is quite high now compared to pre-covid times, having peaked about 6 months or so ago.

With buying small amounts of physical gold, remember you are paying a spread over the wholesale price of gold. So investing 300 at at time you're immediately losing about 10%.
The spread gets smaller with larger quantities.

Chards, Bairds & Sharps Pixley (all UK based) sell and you can store with them too. Bullionvault will send via An Post, but you have the problems with storage. Coins are small and you could lose one!!

I have always found commission rates and delivery costs at the Europeanmint.com the cheapest.

Plane to Dubai Airport, and buy your gold there if you want physical gold to put under the mattress...
Absolutely. A flight to Dubai is a very economical way of buying gold "hundreds of euros at a time"...
How much is the flight?