Buying extra land from neighbour for extension???

S

santryman

Currently living in small 3 bed semi (ca 80sq m). Have room to the side (3m) and garden to the back (20m). Looking to extend 2storey to side and extend kitchen to back

Although have land to do so, would be nice to:-

a) buy a small sliver from neighbour to side (2m wide by 20m long) - 2m road frontage.

b) buy a small piece from another neighbour to lengthen garden (5m by 8m) - landlocked so no possibility for neighbour to develop

Am planning to get an estimate from a valuer but in interim, does anyone have any experience of similar or an idea of current land prices in dublin? Eur 250 - 500 per sq. m?

santry man,

Noyt sure on prices but I know you have to have 25m2 free space available after your build, so factor that in.

Do your neighbours want to sell to you?

I would have thought that most people in urban areas would probably not want to do so.

mf

MF1 - initial conversation with one neighbour was positive but she had to discuss with family. Would prefer to have figure in my head with regard to price before discussing with a valuer. In any case, if the owner was serious, would probably have to appoint an independent valuer of their chosice

Their would also be costs associated with legal transfer, reinstatement of boudaries (walls, hedge rows) that also need to be factored in.