Buying Callaway cloned clubs from internet

comraid

Hi

Anyone any experience with buying cloned golf clubs ? I understand quality , performance etc. will not be 100% but I am thinking of taking a chance on clubs for set of irons costing roughly euro 90 plus shipping. This will also attract duty and vat on arrival I would imagine but overall will save considerably on genuine,much over hyped clubs.

Any thoughts ??

Thanks

Total rubbish...steer clear of them. You'll end up with an eight iron that goes further than your six iron, shafts of varying stiffness and alloy heads that can actually break in two. Most seriously of all it's a crime to possess these clubs and they can be seized from you. You will struggle to get them repaired or regripped. Any Callaway account holder is advised to seize them from customers and recieves a reward for doing so. My brother is involved in the industry

Thanks for your advice.

Just for the record I'm not looking to buy counterfeit Callaway clubs. The clubs I'm interested in are similar in appearance etc. but do not have the brand name , logos or specifications of the original clubs. I don't advocate buying counterfeit goods but was thinking of taking a punt on something similar to the original but without the price tag.

You get what you pay for. "Clones" are not similar to the original in performance, just in looks. You'd be far better off looking for a second hand set.

Thanks for your advice.

Just for the record I'm not looking to buy counterfeit Callaway clubs. The clubs I'm interested in are similar in appearance etc. but do not have the brand name , logos or specifications of the original clubs. I don't advocate buying counterfeit goods but was thinking of taking a punt on something similar to the original but without the price tag.

Your thread is titled 'buying cloned Callaway clubs from the Internet'...cloned=counterfeit=illegal. Please don't try and backtrack. AAM does not offer advice on how to break the law. This thread should be locked.

Your thread is titled 'buying cloned Callaway clubs from the Internet'...cloned=counterfeit=illegal. Please don't try and backtrack. AAM does not offer advice on how to break the law. This thread should be locked.

cloned and counterfeit are very different things ,as the op has explained...

You should try some of the pro shops in golf clubs or take a look in buy and sell. There was a good second hand golf shop in Phibsboro at one stage - not sure if its still there.

I think a good second hand set would be far better than 'cloned' ones.

Steady on John Rambo - here's a link to a site selling cloned clubs. If they're illegal, as you claim, I doubt they'd be advertising so openly.

http://www.factorygolfstore.com/about_us.php

Of course, if the clubs are illegal, perhaps you should tip off the relevant authorities to ensure these criminals are locked up :rolleyes:

As far as I'm aware cloned is not the same as counterfeit. There are legit bricks and mortar shops in Ireland selling clones.

Not worth the hassle - bought a set myself & thought I was saving a few quid. Was up in the driving range after playing no more that 5 or 6 rounds & noticed that the shaft on one of the irons had bent. Haven't used them since.

Take a chill-pill Rambo! Nobody asked for advice on how to break the law. Read the post again and you'll see the OP only wanted other people's views on the clubs.

Would agree though that a good second-hand set would be a far better investment.

Off your high horse Rambo - I've explained what I was thinking of doing and just wanted some reaction or experiences. Not interested in word tennis game with you but to my mind cloned does not mean counterfeit.

Anyway I think I'll steer clear of these clubs and look at good second hand clubs as others have suggested. Can't play golf if I'm looking over my shoulder all the time !

Fore!!

Most seriously of all it's a crime to possess these clubs and they can be seized from you.
I don't disagree with the thrust of your position, John - but can you confirm your basis for this claim above. Does it also apply to all the good ladies carrying their knock-off Louis Vitton handbags, and all the yummy-drummies with their fake Abercrombie hoodies?

Stay clear of clones. I bought one myself and it was fine at first but the metal coating started wearing off after about 100 hits. Some mentioned earlier a 2nd hand golf shop in Phibsboro. There is a golf shop on the Phibsboro road on the Broadstone end which has reasonable stuff. Otherwise Mc Giurks golf in Blanchardstown or Halpenny Golf in Swords seem to be reasonably priced.

You should try some of the pro shops in golf clubs or take a look in buy and sell. There was a good second hand golf shop in Phibsboro at one stage - not sure if its still there.

I think a good second hand set would be far better than 'cloned' ones.
It is still there. I got a G5 (2nd hand) and am very pleased both with it and the price it was.

Back