buying bathroom stuff in Northern Ireland

AJL

Folks,
Need to kit out my house with bathroom suites for 2 bathrooms and one ensuite as well as tiles, etc. Thinking of going to NI to do this to try and save money. Anybody gott experience and can point me in the right direction of a couple of good bathroom centres. DId you save much money? Was the hassle worth it?
Travelling from Kildare.

AJL,

Bought all my bathroom stuff in NI (including tiles) though admittedly not
travelling from Kildare. Purchased all in Timoney's & Mullen Domestic (both in Enniskillen). Purchased all white goods in Watters Electrical in Culloville. Massive saving IMO on similar items this side.

I have recently being pricing baths and showers in the Dublin area and have looked up north for savings but the price differential is actually the other way with things much cheaper down here (especially when you factor in the currency exchange fees)anybody else had similar experiences.?

I think the plumbing fittings are (very slightly) a different size ---- similar to getting B&Q stuff here.

Its not a big problem for any plumber but worth knowing in advance....

...bought new units for two bathroom ( one refit and one new ) - sinks / shower units / jacuzzi etc. all from AJ Plumbing Newry ... selection / quality was better.

Im not a plumber, installed myself ... wasnt until I bought pipes in NI that I saw the difference ... In NI they use 15mm 22 mm etc.
here we use ½ and ¾ inch etc. ..similar ... but not when you try to stop a leak at 1.30 am ... it was only a problem when I needed to join into current supply - good plumber providers supply adaptors.

www.ajplumbing.co.uk
tel 028 30263348

I looked into this a couple of years ago and there wasn't a big saving to be made (unless you were comparing Northern prices to somewhere like "Elegant John")

Got all my stuff from Nationwide Tile and Bath in Liffey Valley (no connection to this co.) in the end.