buying apartment in Mayeston Hall, Finglas

M

mmjj0123

Hi, guys, i went to IKEA on the other day, and found there is a newly developed apartments field there, one of them called Mayeston Hall. My partner and I would like to have a baby here, wonder if there is a safe place to raise kids. I heard something about Finglas area, said that the bus drivers once requested not to operate service after 7pm because of anti-social behaviour. I am not Irish, and would appreciate any voices. thanks in advance.

Hi,

One of my friend lives in nearby development Hamptonwood and everything seems ok. It seems to be in the newer part of Finglas and seems quite and nice at the moment. I for once being there numerous times during even odd hours and find no trouble. Do a little bit research there are few forms here discussing this.
Luas will be coming to that part of time within 2-3 years as well so propspect seems good.
If you are planning to buy there bargain hard and be prepared to walk away. I was interested in a 3 bed house house in creston asking price 275K offered 220K and builder counter offered 260K. I wasn't prepared to pay more so I walked away.

Hope this helps,
Anuj

If you were to consider purchasing an apartment, have you factored possible maintenance fees of up to 1500 euro per year and the difficulty you might have in selling your apartment in a number of years. Have many apartments in the block been sold? What are potential neighbours like? FYI, compare similar developments say at Belmayne or Clare Hall for price and service fees before making a purchase. Remember, you will be paying for it long enough.

Hi, guys, i went to IKEA on the other day, and found there is a newly developed apartments field there, one of them called Mayeston Hall.

A friend of mine moved in there three years ago and seems quite happy. There's a direct and reasonably frequent bus to the city centre, it's close to the airport and the M50. The noise from the M50 can be a bit off-putting though - you'd need to check that out.

Luas will be coming to that part of time within 2-3 years as well so propspect seems good.

I assume you're talking about Luas BXD to Broombridge? According to the [broken link removed], they haven't applied for permission yet nor funds from the government. I can't imagine the Luas will start work for another few years and it'll take another 2-3 to build after that. Metro West is [broken link removed] so I wouldn't count on that for even longer.