buying an engage ring in New York

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tcon

Hello all,

I am planning on proposing to my girl, we are planning on traveling to NEW YORK in March. I would like to do it over there. Can u tell me if I would be getting better value for money over there on rings. I know a lot of things can be cheaper to buy compared to buying them here for the exact same product. I am not sure if this applies to engage rings. Any help appreciated

Well bf is planning on getting mine there next year too. The one thing to note is that sizes differ there instead of being letters they are numbers. Also make sure you do it at the start so as to allow time for possible resizing. I don't know where he is looking for them but has said they are a lot cheaper I think there is a thread on here already about this.

The rings in Tiffanys are more expensive for what you get...but the service is brilliant, glad I bought the gf's ring there. Mega experience! I emailed/rang them before we went over so had an appointment made and the sales person knew my budget and didn't try selling me anything else above it. They give you champange/strawberries when you go to pick it up in a private booth too!

There is a whole Diamond District in Manhattan in NYC. There should be plenty of choice there and good value too. Check out the location and info. here:-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back