Buying a tv in the North

colin79ie

Hi,

I am in the market for a new tv. I would like to know if I buy a tv from Curry's in the north will I have any problems with it in the south. I only have sky digital, no analogue aerial.

Also, what, in peoples opinion, is the best deal LCD around at the moment for under a grand? I have read a lot about Samsung models. Are these any good, or should I save the extra for a Sony Bravia?

Every TV I bought in the past was from Norn Irelend and never had any problems. Currently have a 28" and using sky digital

Hi,

I am in the market for a new tv. I would like to know if I buy a tv from Curry's in the north will I have any problems with it in the south. I only have sky digital, no analogue aerial.

Also, what, in peoples opinion, is the best deal LCD around at the moment for under a grand? I have read a lot about Samsung models. Are these any good, or should I save the extra for a Sony Bravia?

Hi Colin,

I am also in the market for an LCD TV for < €1000. I have been researching the different models for almost 3 weeks, mainly using the excellent UK website [broken link removed]. All the major brands are reviewed. I have decided that the best LCD for me (I have read mainly very positive reviews) is the [broken link removed] The only snag is I have not been able to find a seller of this TV in the Republic, but I know for sure it`s for sale in Curry`s up north. I intend to go to Newry next week to check it out. I am also checking out the possibility of purchasing the TV online. For example, this website has the model for €810.96 (£550.88) excluding postage charges.
Best of luck searching!

Last edited:
I would suggest buying LCD TV from online shop 'komplett.ie'. I got Samsung F series 1080P which costs €2699 in Currys but it cost me just €1899 including the delivery. This site have been very reliable and I got TV within few days.

Cheers
Ciaran

Currys and PC World are one and the same. get a quote from your nearest PC World and compare with Currys in Newry. you might be surprised.

PC World do not have an extensive selection of LCD TVs. I could only find 2 models on their Irish website.

Back