Buying a Threadmill

OnTheMove

Hi
I'm interested in buying a threadmill for private use. Any recommendations on good or bad models and Where I might buy one?

Thanks

TREAD mill..........better joining a gym !

or if you must wait til the other side of summer and do your walking the real way for the next while...

Only buy it if your really sure you'll use it. They take up alot of space and you don't want it just clogging up the floor space of the spare bedroom gathering dust! :)

They make good clothes hangers! :rolleyes:

We bought ours off the internet, I think I found him on ebay.

[broken link removed]

Great service, a guy called Tom was really helpful. Only downside as I recall was I had to go to the bank for a GPB draft but that was in the days before I got my credit card.

Check out the buy and sell- most people spent a fortune on exercise equipment that they never end up using! The stuff on sale is usually perfect and has only been used a handful of times!

Re: Buying a Treadmill

As a student, I used sell and assemble treadmills for a company. If you're any way serious about using one, then you won't buy a good one for less than about €1,000. As mentioned by previous posters, they take up a lot of space and more often than not double up as a clothes horse after a couple of months. Unless you have a lot of space (and cash) to spare, chances are your money would be better invested in a gym membership. Many gym memberships only cost €400 / €500 a year.....you'd have three years membership for the price of a treadmill and get use of all equipment and facilities in the gym. I'd love to know how many treadmill purchasers use theirs regularly after 2 years!

I bought a treadmill 2 years ago from vj home fitness as poster above it was delivered to my house it was a discovery make and it cost 1000 euro. Both me and my husband use it, it is great. Even though I enjoy getting out to walk in fresh air this is not always possible. In winter when it is dark by the time I get home from work or if it is raining I will use it. 30 mins at good pace on the t mill between running and walking is a much better work out than a walk. If you have space for it they do take up room and you use it at least 3 times a week it is well worth while.The machine has been trouble free.

We have a treadmill about a year now-we still use it regularly. I can't remember the brand but its one that stores upright when not in use which is handy.

hi onthemove,

I have a carl lewis tredmill, its v good. was €600.

Must say though as other posters have said, only buy it if you will use it. I used mine alot last summer. Its in my spare room now collecting dust, and clothes thrown all over it.

Mr Blink not very happy cuz i told him id use it everyday!! :rolleyes: MEN eh..?

Back