Buying a Secondhand Computer

Hurling Fan

Hi All

I work for a small charity that badly needs a new office computer but funds are low. It is currently using a 12 year old Dell that is getting slower and slower by the day. Mainly used for email, internet, word, excel and photo storage. Nothing too hectic really.

Was thinking of looking at getting a secondhand computer for the office and was wondering if anyone could give me some guidelines as to whats best avoided and what is the minimum necessary. For example, a colleague thinks secondhand laptops are best avoided.

I'm not a computer whizz kid so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Haven't really asked that so I'd say if they're forced into buying a new one the budget would be about €600 including VAT as not registered for VAT. Would obviously prefer to spend money on something else so if they could get a decent secondhand one for about €200 they would be happy.

I recently bought a refurbished desktop pc from [broken link removed] and must say I'm very happy with it - came in (without monitor it must be said) at around €180.

If you know someone with good it knowledge who will help you with finding good one you can get a good pc from adverts.ie for 50-100 euro.

Back