buying a second hand galaxy

C

Cal04

hoping to buy a 01 or 02 ford galaxy,limited budget of €7,000. don't know whether to go ith petrol or diesel,also haven't a clue what it means when its says TDI ,etc. also,in relation to buying second hand, can i go to garage on monday, lets say, like car, buy it and drive home?what documents do i need to get from garage, can't get mechanic to look at one i've heard of,as its in galway,im in limk

With all due respect, I don't think you should undertake buying away from home without some expert help at hand.

Have you looked at the VW Sharan which is exactly the same car?

With this size of vehicle, unless you have very deep pockets, diesel is the only economical option. TDI is a turbo diesel, 1.8 (Ford engine) 1.9 or 2.0 (VW engine).

Have looked at the Sharan but they are expensive too! Seems to be a real shortage of these cars. Thanks for your help

Have you had a look at the Seat Alhambra? Same car as Galaxy and Sharan.

Have heard even the diesel is heavy enough on juice.

A friend of my brother has one, not happy with the economy.

Those rear lights look mad like bad eyebrows.

Alhambra, Galaxy and Sharan are more or less the same thing. I don't think any of them are particularly cheap, and as they are big and I assume heavy they all seem to be heavy on fuel.

Smaller but still with 7 (well 6.5 really) seats, and cheaper is the Opel Zafira.

thank you all,actually bought an opel zafira today instead!

went to see one,found it roomy and a good price! although someone said a 1.6 petrol would be expensive to run???any idea?

went to see one,found it roomy and a good price! although someone said a 1.6 petrol would be expensive to run???any idea?
had one recently for three weeks, a zafira 1.6 petrol. drove around town and maybe 4 miles a day to school and back and it cost me 120 -140 a week. would never buy one !!!
each to their own though ! very sluggish car couldnt make it up the hill in 2nd gear , struggled and felt like it would conk out. Should state it was a club LIFE .

What was wrong with 1st gear? How on earth would it cost you 140 a week. My 2L car does low 20's mpg in heavy traffic around town, and on a round trip of 20 miles a day it wouldn't cost me more than 50 a week.

That said I don't think many of the MPV's are that fuel efficient, at least not the older ones you get with a budget of 7k. But then you need to be saving a lot of fuel to make of the 10k difference a newer MPV would cost you.

I've been keeping out for a Touran, but hard to find a decent 7 seater around 10k. I was thinking of a Zafira but I don't like our local Opel Dealer.

My sis has a 1.6 zafira.

Yes it is heavy on petrol and gutless.

But probably too late now if you have bought.

Go easy on the right foot.