Buying a property without signing over property

E

eoin

My mother wishes to sell me a site, however one of my sisters does not agree with this, she informs me that she has POA over my mothers affairs but will not provide any paperwork for same. The relevant deeds of the property are held by a solicitor who refuses to part with them as my sister has informed him that she has POA.
My searches show that nothing has been registered.

I don't want to go down the route getting all legal about this and upset my mother further.

What I want to know is if there is some way of completing the sale of the said site with some sort of contract signed by both my mother and myself, and then follow up with updating the deeds of the property after my mother has passed away.

If it's all above board why not explain to your mother that your sister is claiming POA and blocking the sale? If your mother is capable of making the decision to sell you the site then she should be capable of getting your sister to facilitate it.

I have POA over a relative's affairs but it will only kick in if he is incapable of making his own decisions. If your mother is this incapacitated and your sister is proven to have POA then she may have a point in blocking the sale. I wouldn't take any shortcuts on the legal aspects of a sale, sounds like your sister could contest it at a later date.

All is above board I have got three valuations from three different estate agents agreeing to pay the average of the three. However my mother has approached my sister and she insists that she has POA but will not show any paperwork, my mother doesn't want to rock the boat, all other siblings albeit not in the country agree to the sale.

Back