Buying a bed - frame or divan

K

KUTEKEANE

Greetings

Any recommendations for buying a bed

Recommend any furniture store for good value and service?
Frame or Divan?
Mattress - recommended brand?

Priced a Divan and 'Sleeptight' Mattres for €1095 in a store in Navan. Almost same thing in Argos €700, though would not chance purchasing something that large from Argos plus delivery time be too awkard.

Comments welcome.

Re: Buying a bed - frame or divian

Argos delivery time is a lot better than the likes of Reids Furniture of any of the big brand shops. I think they usually deliver in 2 weeks. If you really want that type of bed then I'd go for Argos, the saving is good!

I bought my bed in Vincent Byrnes in Palmerstown, 500 for the bed frame and 650 for the mattress - free delivery too!

I bought my divan in Baize House in Swords, very good service. Divans take up less space length wise and I like the drawers.

I dealt with Richard in mattress.ie and I got considerable savings on the product I ordered. There was an issue with the delivery but I was promptly contacted and offered a free upgrade to a better product. All in no regrets and much much cheaper than elsewhere.

MAJJ

I'd buy something that can be easily taken apart for moving, decorating ect....some of the base type beds are monsters to be moving around not to mention trying to get them up stairs and into bedrooms

Purchased divan from Argos last year. Delivered in 2 weeks (they phone you after you place the order to arrange) and quality is fine.

Thanks for all your replies. With argos though one wouldnt get to test the mattress but suppose a divian would be ok to choose. Can you arrange delivery dates with them or do you have to suit argos?

Argos will usually give you a choice of dates. that has been my experience anyway. I got two double beds a year ago. Divan bases because they come in two halves which you slot together. In my case i got a part divan base (about half the width) but they put short legs on it so i could use underneath for storage. €100 for 4ft 6 bed bases. Not sure whether this weakens it in any way but it was very useful for my purposes and i've never had any problem with them. i always tend to focus and spend more on getting a decent mattress. -the shop matched the divan base colour to the mattress i chose.

Back