Buying a 5mo old demo 10k kilos, what should I offer below the asking price?

ajapale

In the current buyers market...If the asking price on the web site is say €20k how much below should I offer the car sales man? -10% -20% -5%?

I hate haggling! but I suppose it has to be done!

A lot of these KM's would have had the sh!t drove out of them as people test braking, acceleration, cornering, etc ( I know I would).
I never bought a new Car but I thought they had to be drove sensibly for 1st few thousand KM to break the engine in.
Also 10,000 km in 5 mths seems to be a lot for a demo so Garage staff may also be using it and they would hardly treat it like there own.
I would be asking for 30% off and take no less than 20% especially in current market and the fact that they are desperate to get rid off it before year ends.
It less than 2 mths to will be worth up to 40% less depending on car. Good Luck.

€29k- €20k is a big drop for 10k kms and 5 months.

What kind of car is it?

A five month old car with 10k is been used for more than a demo. Thats above average mileage. Does it have full warranty? Have you verified that the list price for this car/spec is 29K or are you taking their word?
If your still interested after that start 3k below asking price and SLOWLY work up.

Back