Buy in sales now or wait til Jan?

Toby

A few places seem to have good discounts now e.g. Argos and I'm wondering if it makes sense to buy house/kitchen stuff now or wait till after Christmas - does anyone know if the offers are always better in Jan?

A few places seem to have good discounts now e.g. Argos and I'm wondering if it makes sense to buy house/kitchen stuff now or wait till after Christmas - does anyone know if the offers are always better in Jan?

Not everyones cup of tea to wade through the crowds in Jan but there is defo bargains to be had then. There's prob only 20% off anything now. You can hold out for 50%+ in Jan. Unless you really have your eye on something and are afraid it will sell out, id wait.

I used to work in a large white and brown goods retail store and price tickets were changed in early December and then again after christmas and you could always count on prices in early December going up by 10 to 20 %, only then to be reduced by 10 to 20 % after Christmas showing a massive 10 or 20% saving in the sale.....

thanks. Argos has some toys and electrical stuff reduced well below old catalogue prices now and the old catalogue prices would have been applicable for months. Wonder if this is likely to go down further in Jan.

I'm deffo waiting on kitchen stuff - picked up a nice few bargains when I hit the House of Frasier sale by chance the first week of Jan last year so plan to go back with a list this time.

No money would get me into town in Jan though - I'll only stroll down to my local shopping emporium and see whats there.