Buy in Ashbourne/ Rathoath??

S

Stef

I work in Raheny, was thinking of buying in Lusk first as apparently it takes 40 minutes to get here in the morning. Then checked AA roadwatch and apparently Ashbourne is closer. But is the traffic a lot worse? Anybody know? Advice appreciated.

I used to live in Ratoath and commuted in to town every day. A few times, I went through Raheny to try out that route. You make good time as far as the M50. After that, it can be a little slow. Assuming peak travel times, in the mornings you should make it in an hour, give or take; in the evenings, maybe 35-45 minutes to get home.

Depending on where you'll be in Lusk (and where you're going to in Raheny), the train would be an option from there - commuter train from Rush & Lusk to Howth Junction & DART from there (not all commuter trains stop at Raheny).
There isn't a train service from Ashbourne/Ratoath.

See if you can get on the train first, rush hour tends to be a bit ghandi movie like.
Ashbourne has had a bypass and the traffic situation is pretty good, Ratoath is a little slower I think, more of a bottleneck.
The bus to Ashbourne goes every 20mins and takes about 30mins.

With new M2 your looking at 10 mins from Ashbourne to M50.
M50 not too bad towards N32 but traffic will get sticky towards
Raheny.It depends on what part of Raheny your going to.
Ratoath has several mile tailbacks to get through the village
in the evening .
good website on Ashbourne :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashbourne,_County_Meath

It's 12 min from Ratoath village to the m50 junction at 7am - 8am. No tail backs getting into Finglas. I'm driving to the Southside from there every day.

However, on the way home it can be a bit sticky but still doesn't take that long to get into Ratoath. The tailback would be about half a mile max - 10 minutes to clear. There is a new inner relief road and in a few years there will be an outer relief road. The inner relief road won't be open until he roundabout at the creche is started. With this new roundabout things will improve.

There's also the Kilbride road and the N3.

Hope this helps.

Back