Butting Tiling and semi solid together ?

Determined

I paid a deposit on the first batch of flooring for my new house a couple of days ago
Engineered Oak wide strip to go on living room front to back of house
Stairs are in the centre of house and around the other side is hall kitchen then back to living room
The two areas are seperated by floor to ceiling sliding doors

In Mr Kelly's shop the guy took details of doors etc and factored in those gold bar thingy's
I really hate these things and want the wood flooring bang up to the tiles but some one told me not possible ?
Any advice apprec

Use pre-finished T moulding or a reducer if wood floor is higher than tile floor. if you are floating the floor you might want to glue it to slab where it meets the tile. most pre-finished flooring brands come with pre-finished mouldings .

I have a timber floor in the dining room meeting the tiles of the kitchen without the use of a strip. Both floors are the same level so I left about 5-7 mm between the floors and filled with a grey silicone to match the tile grout. The flooring is 4in strip ash and the board ends meet the tiles. If the floor boards are running on the length you could have expansion problems.

"Dural" (and others) do nice trims for finishing tile/ carpet/ timber floor junctions and transitions; you'd probably have to shop around to get this brand though as they are high end.

Thanks for advice looked up Dural but wasn't sure which product would be suitable is it an adhesive ?
Whilst I've no tiles yet (am in tile hell) which should be done first tiling or floor ?

Builder ed yes the boards would be running lengthwise against the tiles
Are the planks more inclined to expand widthways ?
Again tks

Leo is correct Determined. The boards will expand/contract across the grain. If you just want to fill the joint between the timber and tile there is a relatively new product on the market called TECH7 which is a silicone, comes in many colours and is waterproof. My plumber recommended it to me when i had a crack in my shower tray. It is brilliant stuff.