Busy Bee Dvd

smiley

a slight word of warning/caution for those of you who had or have accounts with this Irish dvd rental company..on 2 occassions now i have seen charges on my credit card that were not approved-

once they double charged my account..and after about 3-4 times of reminding them to recredit my card they finally did....and yesterday i saw another charge to my credit card..after i left them ages ago in january!!!! this charge just appeared out of the blue.

i am now going to see can i get my credit card company to stop them from carrying out any more charges on my card.....

my main fear-warning is that for those of you out there that may not check your statements that closely, watch out!!

Joined BusyBee initially for 29.99 per month (2 DVDs) then went down to 1 DVD (9.99 per month) in the new year. Only noticied last month that I was still being chanrged 19.99 !!

Contacted BB but still waiting on a reply.

I'll let you know how I get on.

gallantman.

I don't believe it, they deducted €20 from me as well on 6 March, 2 (or possibly 3) months after I closed my a/c.

Thanks for the warning, Smiley.

hmmmm..there you go..well that is pretty bad business eh...one begins to suspect that they are trying to rip people off on the quiet...if we cancel our accounts how the hell do they still manage to charge you months after the account is closed..e.g...no charge in january after closing ac, none in february and then suddenly a charge in march!!!!

can they be reported to anybody about this???

surely its verging on breaking the law?

these muppets charged me also without telling me. is this legal???. they also rent illegal "not for rental" DVDs. Avoid like the plague

smiley said:
can they be reported to anybody about this???

surely its verging on breaking the law?
Start with your credit card company by disputing the incorrect transactions. Then move onto the ODCA

the pretende said:
they also rent illegal "not for rental" DVDs. Avoid like the plague
Do notify [broken link removed] about this.

They did the same to me. Charged me months after I had cancelled. Apart from that I find them good. I am back using them now.

Back