Business/US Dollar Accounts

M

miss choc

I will be setting up a retail business and will be dealing with US. I am wondering what the best bank is for setting up a business account and a US dollar account. What are the fees/charges, can I get a credit card with the dollar account and what are is the minimum amount for each I can deposit What should I be looking out for and questions to ask in relation to setting up a business and a dollar account.

As far as im aware it is possible to open a US dollar account within an Irish Bank, you will get charged either a set up fee around €40 and you also might get charged a monthly/yearly maintenance fee. Stupid i know but that's what Ive seen.

I am unsure weather it would be possible to get a credit card in a foriegn currency.

Also if you were depositing or withdrawing significant amounts of Dollars i.e over a could of thousand at a time i wouldn't use the bank's exchange rate as banks do take the mickey. check out www.currencyexchange-advice.com for more information on the currency exchange process.

What should I be looking out for and questions to ask in relation to setting up a business and a dollar account.

what are the set up costs?
are there any monthly costs?
what are the costs to send out USD payments?
are there any costs to receive in funds?