Business Plans. How Much?

KFB123

Hi there, I was just looking for information on getting a business plan prepared professionally. I am looking to start a small business and was wondering where would be the best place to go to get a business plan draw up.

Also what is the average cost of such a service?

Thanks for that. However, I would prefer to get it done from start to finish, as work I might have done on it, could just be all scrapped by a professional.

The enterprise Boards are limited in what they can do. I presume there is somebody at this fulltime, who can be recommended?

at least pad it out yourself, rather than paying " a professional " to ask these questions and charge you time down the road. Believe it or not you probably know more about the idea than the business plan expert. they will simply ask questions along the lines of the headings in the business plan supplied.

you're county enteprise board chief will know who is best in your area to do the business plan.

OK. But it is a service business and the enterprise boards do not provide funding for this.
Anyone you can recommend?

although they only fund manufacturing and high-knolwledge start-ups, most are approachable for all types of business. they also have remit for "high growth potential" companies in any sector.

even if there is no financial backing, they will set you up with a local advisor i believe,

i can ask in circles in dublin for you? or do you want to tell me your county?

Upfront statement - I know this person below personally rather than professionally, their time is spent between London and Kerry, MBA from LSE etc., etc.,

BPS Ireland - www.bizplans.ie (associated with UK organisation)

Name: Alessandro Saroli
Email: enquiries@bizplans.ie
Phone: +353 (0)64 22904
Fax: +353 (0)64 22904
Sunville - Killowen
Kenmare, Co. Kerry
Ireland

Dear KBF 123,

You say you are starting a small business - I'd join with the advice you've already received and say run one up yourself - there are loads of templates on the internet showing the format - so often I've seen glossy presentations, and when the promoter is asked a couple of fairly basic questions they don't know the answer. Give me a well thumbed plan, even with a couple of typo's in it from someone who really knows what they are doing anyday, rather than the glossy with a powerpoint presentation attached, and who's every answer to a question is 'I don't know it was the accontant that came up with that figure.....' (no slight on the accountant he/she is only doing what they are asked).

Best of luck.

BM

Am I missing something here ?

A broker requests information purporting to be an individual setting up a business and seeking advice on how to go about obtaining a business plan - while at the same time quoting this on their website ...

Commercial Loans Keane Finance Brokers are one of the largest Commercial Lenders in the West. We prepare bank proposals, source the most competitive rates and ensure as easy as possible a process by liaising with solicitors, the banks, valuers and all other parties involved and as a result taking the hassle away from our clients.
Commercial Finance Consultancy
Keane Finance Brokers provide expert knowledge and experience to our clients. We are determined to provide information and insight into the lending process to our clients and give them valuable advice on an ongoing basis.

In today’s environment this is more important than ever as people need advice on how to create a financial strategy to maintain their finances in these turbulent times. We offer a consultation package for relevant clients.

We focus on debt restructuring for clients, where we negotiate with the Banks on behalf of the clients. Bank negotiation can be intimidating for some clients, however with our contacts and expertise we make the process easy and we get the best result for the client and not the Banks!

Either they don't have the expertise they claim they have ...
and/or their original post was completely dishonest about the reasons they required information about a business plan ...

All this while genuine posters gave their time to answer what was thought to be a genuine request ...

BM

No Bank Manager you are not missing anything at all. However I think you may have misunderstood what my definition is of Commercial Finance. I deal with commercial loans and commercial property finance. In my opinion Commercial Finance is secured against a commercial property.

Business Plans are a total different entity and would be carried out by accountants. I needed one carried out and was wondering what the prices were. These would be done in some cases for Business Finance which is totally different from Commercial Finance.
I hope this clears up your confusion and highlights the fact that I am not wasting anyones time

As per previous advice : - I have assisted hundreds of Start ups, SME's & larger companies in preparing their Bus. Plans but I have never agreed to prepare a B.P. on behalf of a client. If you neither have the time, confidence or inclination to plan & commit to the development of your bosiness you will not succeed.

"expert knowledge and experience"

hang on, you are part of a company that claims to provide this and you can't so a business plan?

I certainly would have nothing to do with you and i am sorry i replied

The advice I gave to KFB123 was given in good faith. I hold an MBA & have written several Bus. Plans for my own companies. Much of my work in the Bus. Planning area has been on behalf of EI & County Enterprise Board clients (mainly SME's & Start Ups). Sorry you see things differentl;y but everybody is entitled to their own views & opinions.

Back