business phone

lozza

I have an online website and i need to put a contact phone number on it. I think I will only be receving occassional calls only from customers but I also need to call suppliers that are based in the usa and UK. I don;t want the expense or hassle of getting a 2nd eircom line so I bought a skype landline number, my broadband is atrocious so I have that diverted to my mobile but this is working out costly.Anyone any other ideas? thanks

funnily thought of that! The costs of calling my suppliers from a mobile to the UK would be huge though wouldn't they? + I need to have a landline number on my website..

Get a virtual landline number from eircom and have it diverted to your mobile. This costs very little from memory.

Not yet, the website is due to go live in next couple of weeks. Thats is why I bought the skype landline number (076 number) but now I am wondering is there a cheaper way of doing it. I think from a looking professional point of view the website will need a landline number..

Why do you have to have a landline number on your website?
Because, believe it or not, Irish customers still prefer to ring up and order stuff rather than buy online. (That's if the business is selling to Irish people. Other than that, I don't know.)

I would agree that a landline number looks more professional.

Agreed. Although I'm still trying to figure out what an 'online website' is, and whether I need one myself...

Because, believe it or not, Irish customers still prefer to ring up and order stuff rather than buy online. (That's if the business is selling to Irish people. Other than that, I don't know.)

Plus the ability to contact for clarification e.g. on postage, delays etc - many companies are pretty poor responding to emails sent to contactus@... or similar.

hi

thanks for replies, yes i will be selling mainly in Ireland and my research has shown that people do like to ring up to confirm orders or any queries. I will check out the mydivert thanks!