Case study Business in trouble - closed it down - got another job - went bankrupt - out the other side

And this is why bankruptcy laws should have been changed years ago as someone gave things a try, did their best market forces went against them and with just a small bit of pain was able to get back on their feet and contribute back into the tax system.

Opening and running a small business is not easy and you need luck along with capital and an awful lot of hard work to get it to a long term profitable level and here up to recently there was too much negativity if you failed and a punishment via a lengthy and costly bankruptcy whereas in the states it was almost seen as a badge of honour and part of the learning process.

But above story shows how much it has changed for the better and this will lead to more people taking a risk because the safety net is not the hard landing it used to be.

It's also an argument for setting up a limited liability company rather than acting as a sole trader.

Echo others' comments. Good to here an outcome.

So - yeah I got bad advice re the company setup - was told I wasn’t turning over enough and was too much hassle . This was from my accountant , look at the end of the day no one owes you a living and really no one cares about your business- people will coo sympathetically with you when times are hard bit but really the reason they’re in your place of business is to access a service not to be your friend - however that may appear to be the case - I’ve since helped out a few people with some valuable lessons I’ve learned - some listened some didn’t but I believe there is a lot to be said for knowing what NOT to do in business . All’s well that ends well for me anyways, I feel bad for the suppliers etc that I had to burn , hard to feel sympathy for banks if I’m honest , but as someone else said on here - it’s the nuclear option and there is a fallout from it . Thanks for anyone who gave advice and pm’ed me at the time I posted and I hope the thread does help someone else realize that is isn’t the end of the world and life will be better without the millstone around your neck dragging you under - get your affairs in order , think it through. Weigh up your asset value etc as best you can. Keep your wage low if u can thru the year , be honest with the ISI and they are sound to deal with - it’s not intimidating at all and they’re friendly and want to help you out . Have a plan re the family home of u have one.
Il check in on the thread on occasion going forward anyone has any questions or wants any help or advice let me know be glad to help