business idea

D

dunlop

HI all, I Currently drive a taxi in dublin but live in portlaoise, i have been thinking of buying a van that will take up to eight people,
Was thinking of offering a service to people wishing to go out to dublin for night with flexible return times for people going to gigs etc in dublin. was thinking if the price was competitive people might use it for a number of things,
Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts for me regarding this please.

dont want to burst your bubble but you'd be mad to spend your money on it. why dont you try and price the service you want to provide and see what the costs are. also would people be able to afford your service on top of their ticket price say as opposed to staying over night in a cheap hotel

I did make a couple of calls alright, they were looking for €160 for one way, i was hoping to offer it at €160 for a return trip, So at €20 each fro a full van i thought it might be a good offer, with having flexible return times for people who want to make a night of it. whilst also offering the facility to play there own ipod and have wi-fii on board, bit of a party bus vibe in ways.

Back