Business flights to Geneva ?

zag

I think I have found the black hole of Europe when it comes to business (morning/evening departures) flights - Switzerland. I need to go to Geneva for two days next month for work and I can't seem to find any flights that go anywhere near at any kind of usefull times. Flights to Geneva/Zurich/Lyon all only operate on 3 or 4 days a week and only operate with lunchtime deprartures which mean the day is a write off at both ends.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to get to Geneva without blowing two days getting there and back ?

Cheers,

z

BA via London Heathrow would get you into Geneva for about 1250 local (having left Dublin that morning at 0640). Leaving the following day at 1840 would get you home for 2220.

Over a grand in Business flexible though i'm sure there's cheaper than that.

Difficult to get in much earlier than that although leaving the night before might be an option which would give you a nights sleep in Geneva and two full days there before leaving.

Most of Aer Lingus newer routes have poor timing for business travel
... SWISS do fly daily or nearly daily to Zurich but with a midday departure from Dublin again it's kind of useless for business travel

Lufthansa via FRA or as Eurofan says BA through LHR are your best bet probably .... timings for both are fairly similar you will not be able to get to Geneva much before 1300 ... so travelling the evening before might be necessary if you need to be there in the morning.

All the new flights are really great for leisure travel but sometimes for business travel the options that are around aren't really much better (or cheaper) than they used to be several years ago.

FYI - similar issues if flying to Luxembourg - no direct flights so you basically loose two days travelling back and forth

zag said:
I think I have found the black hole of Europe when it comes to business (morning/evening departures) flights - Switzerland.

Ah Zag, the bane of my life. Whenever I want to come home for a weekend (which is often) I usually have to take the friday and monday off. There are no early morning late evening flights unfortunately. That said, when I used to live in Milan we'd the same problem.

In the end I went for the EI flight out on the Sunday which gives me a bit of time to have a look around the city for the afternoon and then BA routing indicated above for the Tuesday.

Thanks for the info.

Now, can anyone recommend a hotel in downtown Geneva ? I'm looking through the usual sites at the moment, but there seem to be some Swiss fans out there so there might be some ready made recommendations.

z