Business Card - Fintech

gnf_ireland

I have a personal services company, and I do my banking with AIB currently. I had a business card with them and it expired, and was not reissued automatically [no idea why not], so am now thinking this is a good opportunity to consider other options, especially around the use of fintechs. I do spend a small about of money in other currencies, and think the fintechs offer better services in this area. There is also a possibility of working in a foreign currency in the future also [or at least has been in the past].

Any advice on which ones to shortlist, before I go and do a deep dive on them. I am pretty comfortable with using fintech services, and happy using apps/digital services only.

Thanks in advance

Revolut offer very competitive FX rates, and user friendly technology, so they might have a part to play.

I know a few business owners who use them and all are very happy with the FX rates, and also the speed of transfers when making payments across Europe (they offer SEPA instant, which does what it says on the tin ).

However, it's important to note that they do not have a banking licence in this country, at present, so you would not be dealing with a full licenced and full service bank.

n26.com/en-eu/plans-business
N26 would be potentially be worthwhile exploring too

wise.com/ie/business/pricing-and-coverage

curve.com/cards/
help.curve.com/are-there-any-fees-associated-with-using-curve-HkkKBu2Lu

Revolut would have the best offering I think, I use Curve card loaded with AIB business credit card.
The roll out of the new AIB authenticator app has been a complete disaster so for all online purchasing I will be using Curve.

Curve also give you free FX up to €500 per month whereas AIB is:
Visa Europe Region: 1.75%
Visa Rest of the World: 2.75%

Although once you go over the €500 free limit Curve charge you 2%, and during the weekend they have a small markup
help.curve.com/en_us/how-does-curve-save-me-money-abroad-HyquHdnUu

Thanks @MrEarl and @keving1989
I would prefer to stay away from Revolut on the basis it does not have a full banking licence. I do use Revolut for personal purposes, but its more transactionary rather than allow funds to accumulate in it.

I was aware of Wise and N26. I was not aware of Curve, so will go have a look at that one - thanks for the tip. I do use N26 as well as my standard personal account [I maintain a KBC current account for mortgage purposes] and find it very good I have to admit. I have never had an issue with it or its services.

I was hoping Starling Bank would have opened here by now, but sadly this is not to be currently !

Does anyone know, if an irish customer pays an invoice into my free revolut business account (assuming it is a one monthly), will it incur a 1% variable fee and a fixed one?