Business Account Mess up!

amtc

I opened up my very first business account and was all proud of my self with my first cheque I earned on my own...

Anyway, got my cheque book earlier in the post and the bank has mistyped 'consulting' as 'conslutting'. you can see how that wouldn't work!

I have a photocopy of my original application and it's correct as per the original, so obviously a typo - but they want 100 euro to change!

Business manager on holidays - so any advice - I need to pay someone, and don't want to as a slut!

As a matter of interest what is their excuse for charging you €100 for their mistake?

They must have some manager in charge during absence of other one, I would be asking for next in charge. Then I would want a draft issued free of charge for you to pay whoever you need and amended cheque book issued again free of charge. If they made the error they should correct it.

Hi amtc

That is a great story. You should write a cheque , maybe to a friend, and then later ask for the paid cheque back after it has been cashed.

If I got a small cheque with that misprint, I probably wouldn't cash it, I would find it so funny.

Brendan

Didn't someone say recently though on AAM that if you use one of the cheques you can't get a refund for the book? Expensive funny keepsake.