Bus Stops In Cavan Town

Locke

Hi All,

Hoping a Cavan Native can help.

I am getting the 109 to Cavan for the Match on Staurday in Breffni Park. The last bus back is 8:40 pm (will be cutting it tight).

Does anyone know if there is a bus stop out side Breffni Park, or how long a walk it is to the Bus Depot to catch the 109 going in the Dublin Direction?

Thanks in advance
Locke

Not sure about a stop near Breffni but I would guess a 10-15 min walk would have you down to the bus stop. Its not that far really.

I think there's a stop to the right of Breffni park (i.e. in the Dublin direction) but I'm not sure where it is. Give the depot in Cavan a call, they should be able to help you.

As mentioned above the main bus station in Cavan is about 10 minutes walk towards town from Breffni Park. As you say, you will be cutting it tight to see all the game and catch the 8.40pm bus back. That said, the bus will have to pass by the gates of Breffni Park, so its quite likely to be delayed anyway for a period after the game. My guess is that if you leave Breffni Park anytime before 8.35pm and walk towards town, you will meet the bus (probably stalled in traffic) along your route. Flag down the bus, smile at the driver and hop on.

Back