Bus Lanes

Carzy

Just curious, but does anyone know why there are bus lanes on the Nangor road (I dont know any buses on this road maybe just the infrequent 210 but could be wrong...)

Also, the one just created on the Long Mile road.... opened on 18.09.06 but now "not in use".. again I dont think I've ever seen a bus on the stretch that runs from the Esso at Fox and Geese down to EP Mooney Garage. Are there new bus routes in the pipline?

I think 56A and 18 routes are from EP Mooney down to Halfway House where the Bus Lane "is not in use"....

Can sonmeone enlighten me? I use these roads alot.

the bus lanes were built to allow new buses to use them that were to be provided to Dublin Bus by our fantastic Government. They then went back on this agreement due to some internal arguement and now the bus lanes sit empty.

They have said recently that the bus lanes will be used soon enough as there will be new routes from Clondalkin-Grange Caslte (Quality Bus Corridor south clondalkin) into the city centre and some onto IFSC too.

I know the ones you mean Carzy. Nothing uses them at the moment but we got a flyer from our local TD saying there was a route 151 due to go into service in September. It was Grange Castle to City via Longmile and Crumlin Rd.

Last time I drove along there they had "Bus lane not in operation" signs on them.

The lanes on the Nangor Rd are only there a few months and they're being dug up and resurfaced already :rolleyes:

Back