Bus Lane - Dublin Road Limerick

folder

Hello All,

I have a big gripe. I have this same gripe every Sunday.

If you are in Limeick take note, if you know somebody in Limerick, tell them. I just want people to know the rules of bus lanes as opposed to nearly causing crashes.

The Dublin road Bus Lane is Mon - Sat 24 Hours.
The Ennis Road is Sun - Sun 10am - 3pm.
The Dooradyole Road is Sun - Sun 24 Hours.

Too many times to recount people have been flashing their lights, blowing their horns and cutting me up at the end of the bus lane.

Even today I had a CE Registered Laguna hatch blocking me by driving both lanes whilst his wife/gf kept checking the mirrors to see where I was. Needless to say I was in the non operational bus lane.

There are signs showing the bus lanes days and times. Initially It took Irish people a while to get used to Pelican crossing, roundabouts and the like.

People in Dublin who have had bus lanes are more than used to them(more so than the rest).

Tell the world people. Stop people resorting to road rage due to your own ignorance to the signage on the roads.

From driving for a living i've become use to each county's driving habits, it's a matter of being defensive and watching around you, after 11 years on the road i started out being an aggresive driver but now i just hold my own.

I hear your point on the times on the signs, to be honest i didn't know you could use them outside if bus hours, but i just whizz past the signs, I think most people like myself just stay out of the lane in case the law picks us out and gives a lecture.

Is the rule not very clear?

You must drive on the inside lane, unless you are overtaking.

When the bus lane is not operational, it is the inside lane, and you are obliged to drive in it.

I find it very annoying to have someone driving well below the speed limit in the outside lane. It is dangerous, if not illegal, to overtake them on the inside lane, just in case they suddenly catch on and pull into the inside lane.

Brendan

Is the rule not very clear?

You must drive on the inside lane, unless you are overtaking.

When the bus lane is not operational, it is the inside lane, and you are obliged to drive in it.

I only kind of agree with you. On dual carriage ways, etc.. absolutly, slow traffic goes on the inside.

However, if you look up the , their not that clear. What is says is outside of the hours all traffic "may" use the bus lanes. It's not quite a black and white one.

But what the OP was experiencing with people trying to block him was madness.

If the standard lane is moving and I'm comfortable with the speed, I won't move in to the bus lane - I'd end up with a taxi up tail gating me. (and yes I know the times of all of the bus lanes near me)