Bus - Dublin Airport to Tallaght Village

ngwrbc

Hey, can anyone tell me if there is any bus service between Dublin Airport and Tallaght? Searched the net and cant find any thing...seems odd!

Probably best to buy a [broken link removed] ticket (€6 from the ticket machine at the airport*), get any of [broken link removed] and then get a [broken link removed] from the city centre (or maybe get the 746 towards Dun Laoghaire if there are feeder buses to Tallaght from out southside?). If you don't get the 746/7/8 then you can probably just pay the normal fares and spend less than €6 in total.

Note that if you get the 746/7/8 and pay on the bus then I think your €6 goes on that journey alone and you don't get a Rambler ticket allowing you to take further bus journeys on the same day.

If you are a sporadic bus user but take a few buses on the days that you do use them then the 5 x one day Rambler pack for €18.30 is good value compared to the normal price of €6 for each individual Rambler.

Thanks for your replies, seems crazy that Dublin Bus or whomever cant provide direct transport down the M50 to Tallaght, anyhow i'll check out the suggestions and find my way!
Cheers

The [broken link removed] (basically a wrapper for the existing site with some additional transport links) might also be useful.

(or maybe get the 746 towards Dun Laoghaire if there are feeder buses to Tallaght from out southside?).

Haven't lived in Dun Laoghaire for a while but don't think things have changed too much. I'd avoid this option, the 75 goes from Dun Laoghaire to Tallaght via most of the rest of south/west Dublin and takes an hour (or at least that's what they used to say, traffic is a lot worse now than when I was in school so presumably it's longer). Bus into town and bus or Luas out to Tallaght is better I'd say.

You could get bus to Connolly and then Luas to Tallaght as well.

Or Aircoach to Sandyford and then taxi to Tallaght?

Doesn't Aircoach provide a service from Portlaoise to the Airport? Might be worth checking which route it takes. If it goes by the Red Cow you could change for the Luas to Tallaght.