Burning to AVIs to DVDs

Joe Nonety

I used Nero 7 to burn some AVI files to a DVD-R, and it plays OK in my DVD player and looks fine, but after about 5 minutes the audio goes out of synch.
Is there any way to prevent this?

Is the audio correct when you play the avi's on the computer? If so, Nero isin't going to burn them with an audio problem and the problem would appear to be with your dvd player - some dvd players have problems keeping the 2 in sync - purchase a decent (but cheap) divx player such as the

I found same thing with nero.try convertxdvd software.it is excellent and no sync loss.you can trial it for 14 days for free first.

I still don't think it's Nero - you say the file is fine on the pc - so burn it with Nero and play the nero disc on the pc - if the audio is fine from the burnt disc then you have proof it is the player that is the problem.

Are you burning an AVI from the US? Could it be that the US avi is in NTSC format? This can put your audio out when watching it on a PAL TV.

i got the convertxdvd mentioned here, its great, i've used it last night and tonight and both files came out perfect on the disc, no delay in audio !!!!

Glad convertxdvd worked well.the menu on it is not great but other software progs like tsunumi pro is very good.there is a free trial for that too