Burning My First DVD

R

Ryaner

Hey

burned loads of music files but now looking to burn a dvd

Got Octron Dvd-R 4x video sp120 and have a movie file that is 1,436,034kb & one that is 817,218kb

one is a mpg file and one is video file(video compression xvid audio format ac-3 acm audio decompressor)

Have the latest verision of Nero & 16x dvd-/+R/RW/DL looking to get Nerovision

Any hints, pointers as to what to do and what to avoid and speeds to burn at to play on your bog standard dvd player or ps2 ?

Do I need to convert it to another format and what is the best application for this Tmpgenc ?

Ta

Your questions answered? Look at the various guides on the left hand side to get tips. Most typically refer to for encoding in DVD friendly format. Still haven't mastered the art myself yet. Personally, I use WinAVI to convert from AVI to DVD format and then use Nero to burn. Takes about 40 mins on my 3GHz P4.

Beware, it can take hours to convert Xvid/Divx to proper DVD-compliant MPEG format (MPEG2). Or you could pick up a Divx player and just copy all of your Divx/Xvid AVI's onto a disc. Saves time converting them and also saves you money on buying loads of discs when you could conceivably get 6 700MB AVI's onto a single layer DVD or 12 onto a dual layer disc. I can't find any info on that recorder you have so I can't tell you whether it supports buring dual-layer discs.

Be prepared to render some disks as useless due to various glitches that might occur.

You should probably also get DVD Shrink. Fierce handy.

Hi

so I have to convert them to mpeg(mpeg2) to play on a dvd player

I have tmpgenc so can look and see if I can do it with that

I have Nerovision so have to check the ins and outs of that

Ta

TMPGEnc has a nice wizard which can take you through. You can preview the output at the end so you know you've got the aspect ratio right.

The thing is that TMPGEnc won't give you the DVD structure at the end - you'll just have an M2V or something. You might need some DVD authoring software to help you out.

Back