built in wardrobes - sliding doors

wexford

HI,

does anyone know of a company who does built in wardrobes with sliding doors? Not sliderobes - they cost a fortune...

thanks,

W

Don't mean to be funny Wexford, but are you in Wexford or... ? If you are I might have a guy I know down there who did some great work for me and was EXACTLY half the price of Sliderobes. The doors are made by Stanley (as in the toolmakers) and are great quality with ten year guarantee.

Sure let me know

company called Robeplan in Cherry orchard Industrial Estate.

Nearly half the price of Sliderobes and every bit as good if not better. Have used them twice and have been very happy with the outcome. Good lads to deal with as well.

Magoo said:
company called Robeplan in Cherry orchard Industrial Estate.

Nearly half the price of Sliderobes and every bit as good if not better. Have used them twice and have been very happy with the outcome. Good lads to deal with as well.

Just found their website its www.robeplan.com
Looks very good but dont be fooled by hi-tech website as they dont allways live up to them as I found with a garage door I got fitted having sourced them on them web, but thats another story.

I am also looking for sliding door wardrobes at present. I visited Robeplan's showroom last week and their quality seems good. I haven't got a quote yet so I can't testify to their pricing. They will charge you per metre inclusive of carcasses no matter what your internal layout is (within reason, I presume). It costs a good bit extra if you want them to panel out the back of the wardrobe and they also install a higher plinth with this option. It is cheaper to use your existing wall as the back wall to the wardrobe. They will also quote you for installation of the sliding doors only if you want to get your own carcass. I will be going with this option for one of our rooms downstairs to create a utility area to house the washer, dryer and cleaning equipment.
Another place that I will be looking is:
[broken link removed]

I just got ones fitted earlier this month from a company in Mullingar called Lakeland Interiors (no affiliation), don't know if they have a website but I can give you their number if you want it. They were pricey enough - 1950euro for a 2 door full mirror (about 8ft long). I'm very happy with them though and the finish is excellent and it just took them about 3 hours to fit them and no mess left.

We're looking for wardrobes as well, and had Skon out to measure up during the week. I don't know if we'll go with them, but thought they should be thrown out there anyway! They did make a point of telling us they include the backs of the wardrobes as standard.