Key Post Building costs for self-build.

Check the build cost-guides in Grand Designs magazine and Build It magazine - they give costs per sq ft, but it very much depends on your method of construction and how involved you will be. average costs are between £180k - £250k, but it can vary a lot, depending on you rmaterial specification, and if you do a lot of teh work yourself, this can also bring cost down.
Buildstore have a handy online build-cost calculator on their website - worth checking out - under tools & caluctors menu i think - i'm new, so cant post the link, i'm afraid!

Seeing quotes now in Clare/Limerick/North Tipp for 55/57 sq foot, standard construction, builders finish.

The list of "extras" or "we didn't include that" would be endless on these type of quotes.

Seeing quotes now in Clare/Limerick/North Tipp for 55/57 sq foot, standard construction, builders finish.
I know it is 9 / 10 years later, but I know of a few houses here in the Kerry / Limerick area which cost €125 to €155 a sq ft. Of course insulation , regs etc have all changed I suppose so maybe not comparing exactly like with like. Still, things have got expensive.

Back