building a new house

chipie

does any one have an opinion on block work.. most of the brickies are sayin to go with cavity blocks instead of two 4"...
i want a board finish on the inside anyway so cavity would suit me...
anyone know????

chipie said:
does any one have an opinion on block work.. most of the brickies are sayin to go with cavity blocks instead of two 4"...
anyone know????[/qu

Dont build ur house with 4 inch block as you will waste alot of money. The house will not be as damp resistant, people will be against buying your house in the future if that fact in know? It will cost up to 50% more , more blocks, cement + cost

chipie said:
anyone know????[/qu

Dont build ur house with 4 inch block as you will waste alot of money. The house will not be as damp resistant, people will be against buying your house in the future if that fact in know? It will cost up to 50% more , more blocks, cement + cost of hardwalling the whole house

I think, Michael,that he was considering the merits of cavity wall construction v. cavity block construction - and not block on edge v. cavity block.

(I'm presuming your talking about block on edge?)

Back