Building a House in west ireland.

I

Irishpaddy

Hi All
I am new to this site but have seen some good treads from the house and garden section. i have a few question on building a house which i will be under taking in june of this year.
1) should you project manage your own build or hire a contractor. what are the savings.
2) what prices should you be looking at on the following stages. a rough guide will do size of house 3400 sq foot.
Planning / Doc -
foundation raft -
Block layer -
Roofer -
Windows / Doors -
Plaster -
Electrian -
plumber -

thanks

Hi Paddy,

Welcome to AAM.

Glad to hear you find this forum helpful. Unfortunately I'm not familiar enuf with any of the subjects you mention so hopefully others here will be able to help.

You might well have come across these sites:

www.iaosb.com
[broken link removed]

Hi Irish Paddy,
We are waiting for people to come back to us with prices as we are building asap and we live in the west so I will let you know a soon as we do.:)

Paddy,

Do you have an architect?
If so he should be able to recommend based on his bill of quantities/ tender document what each individual part of the build will cost

RE: should you project manage your own build or hire a contractor. what are the savings.
Hire someone to project manage the build. they should source and save thus paying their own way easily.

keep me posted and best of luck
oirish

Back