Builders & Suppliers Recommendations

dj01

Hi,

I'm currently in the stages of researching different build types and materials for a new house. AAM is very useful for getting other peoples experience/knowledge on various self build related topics. What would be very useful is peoples honest personal references, both good and bad, for any companies/builders/suppliers/service providers that they have used on their self build project. Or if anyone has any sources of where you can find this kind of info, I'd be grateful if they would let me know where to find it.

If you are just researching at the minute, i'd recommend www.homewise.ie which lists thousand of suppliers and tradesmen nationwide. Its a great search engine.

Im not sure what the AAM rules are in relation to posting details such as names, telephone numbers etc but I dont think it useful to have them up in a public forum. The 2 risky points are advertising and someone posting details of a builder who left a mess behind him

Maybe PM's with details would be a better way to go.

Im not sure what the AAM rules are in relation to posting details such as names, telephone numbers etc but I dont think it useful to have them up in a public forum. The 2 risky points are advertising and someone posting details of a builder who left a mess behind him

Maybe PM's with details would be a better way to go.

Hi,

Marion puts it very well here when she explains:

"There is no difficulty with regard to mentioning names of service providers on AAM on the understanding that it is not covert advertising by the company/person itself.

Companies and persons in business must declare any interest in a company that they mention"

Sue Ellen.

Thanks GED. Finding the companies isn't really the problem, it's just trying to get feedback from people who may have used a particual company/builder/supplier, and how they found the experience and their feelings on the end result. Basically just honest, personal testimonial's from people who have dealt with a company on any aspect of a self build.

Back