Builder trespassing

kibby

I live in a terrace of four, second from the end. Last July my neighbour, who lives in an end house, came to see me about extending his house 1.5m out the front (PP required) and 3m out the back (planning exempt). His original plan was for a two-storey extension out the back, which would've required planning, and which I told him I would object to last August. He has since plumbed for a single storey rear extension but an architect tells me that SDCC wouldn't've given him permission for two storeys whether I objected or not.

He has moved out temporarily while builders, who began work in December, gut the ground floor of his house. We have had no communication since. I was expecting a knock on the door from his builder any day now to ask whether they could get access to my back garden for plastering etc, which I would've been amenable to provided they took reasonable measures to protect my lawn, which I put a great deal of time and effort into.

However, today I came home to see he'd fitted the facia board on my side: his builders jumped in and stomped all over my very soft lawn during my absence.
I rang the owner, the architect and the builder and told them not to access my garden again under any circumstances.

What I wanted to know is, what steps can I take if he feels free to romp around my property while I'm out at work? I know I may seem unreasonable, but if he or my neighbour had called to see me I would've given them access: my other neighbour built an extension 3 years ago and their plasterer - unprompted - erected scaffolding over my lawn so that there wasn't even one footprint in it when they were finished!

Back