Builder bullied into paying money and penalites before entering arbitration

L

Law?

Hi everyone,

I am looking for alot of help with this matter.

Recently myself a builder went for an arbitration meeting with a customer, the fact is that the case never went into the arbitrator but i was made, bullied into signing a document that was written up not typed for a sum of money and penalties. I was told to sign it, as, if it was to go into the arbitrator, Iwould lose and would have to pay out more.

I want to know if this case can be appealed and overturned... I was put under pressure and bullied into signing this document.

Any advive would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Arbitration

A client bullied a builder into signing over money and penalties? The worm has turned...

I think you need proper professional advice.

Hi thanks,

it was my barrister that told me to sign the document or i would lose more money if it went into the arbitrator, she told me lies and made up a sum of money that i would have to pay if it did go into the arbitrator.

any more help would be great.

it was my barrister that told me to sign the document or i would lose more money if it went into the arbitrator, she told me lies and made up a sum of money that i would have to pay if it did go into the arbitrator. any more help would be great.
Given the very limited information available on a forum such as this (and you're obviously tied in how much information you can give) it will be very difficult for anyone to comment meaningfully. I'd suggest you seek legal advice on the agreement you signed as soon as possible if you have concerns over its validity, obviously this advice should be from a source you trust (e.g. not your current barrister if you have ongoing issues with them).

I can't see any reason why your barrister would lie and advise against the arbitration proceedings unless it was in your best interest. The arbitration process itself can/could have significant costs associated with it, even before considering the consequences of the final decision, so they potentially (or even probably) have given you correct advice relating to your situation.

Without knowing the details on the arbitration (e.g. mandatory/voluntary, binding/non-binding etc.) it's very difficult for anyone to give advice or comment on the advice you've already received. Again, you need to seek professional advice from someone who has all of the relevant information at hand.

Why do you believe the barrister lied to you? What sum did they "make up" (e.g. was it in relation to the final decision or was this in relation to the arbitration process itself)?

We went to arbitration over money they owed me for the house. They broke into the house and did not leave me finish the few bits of jobs i had to do.

Its disgraceful to think that someone can brake into a house which they do not fully own by paying the last payment.

I went to the guards but they said they cant do anything and to go to a solicitor.