buider costs for new build

johnnyg

Hi, looking at builders to build our house, what are the important things i should ask the builders when comparing costs between quotes. How do i know which product is better, is there a reference guide? Both are offering home bond. Any info greatly appreciated..

you just have to make sure both are pricing the same product in terms of finishes, and quality of build. you might want to discuss with a Quantity Surveyor who could do you a bill of quantities to give to each builder which would force them to price for the same items. Homebond is a structural guarantee which you will require.

I would engineer to do up a specification which shoud form part of your contract with the builder. Watch out for PC sums. Ask builders to show you previous work and talk to owners. Get your solicitor to check contract, generally these are standard, but have to be checked and are full of legal jargon.

I got back from the builders today, it worked out at 80 euro/sq foot, to do everthing from start to finish, including painting, showers, doors etc which i think is very good for the size of the house. and what we want..i went with increase insulation and a more efficient burner to reduce energy costs..any opinions?