Bugattti Veyron

Brianp

keep your eyes peeled. There's one floating around galway.
[broken link removed]

that's classic - the first pothole he/she hits will send that car into the next county - expensive way to keep some tarmac nice and dry........

about 1.2 million euros for that car..... it was on top gear about 2 weeks ago. It can do 407 km top speed.
Bit pointless in Ireland

about 1.2 million euros for that car..... it was on top gear about 2 weeks ago. It can do 407 km top speed.
Bit pointless in Ireland

No it's not.

Firstly, I doubt the owner will drive it very much. Cars like this are often bought as an investment, for their asthetic beauty and for their overall performance. Doubt most drivers would be comfortable doing 407MPH no matter what the conditions.

If I could afford one I'd have three

Bit pointless in Ireland

€1.7million to be more precise... roughly €500,000 of that is VRT

If its going to driven .... you can bet Roches Car park is out of the question or any estate in galway for that matter with speed control ramps now just about everywhere. I think the car is too low for our roads.

If its going to driven .... you can bet Roches Car park is out of the question or any estate in galway for that matter with speed control ramps now just about everywhere. I think the car is too low for our roads.

I don't think it's lower than any other supercar (Ferrari etc), plenty of which can be seen around Dublin from time to time. As far as I remeber it also has the ability to raise itself for speedbumps...or maybe that was another car I saw on TopGear.

But again...I doubt it will be driven, rather parked in a garage to appreciate over time.

Still a bit of a bargain for a car that reportedly cost stg£5m a piece to make.
That's a bit of a stretch; the 5m is the total cost of development divided by the number of units produced in the first year. It'd be like saying a 10m euro Punto is a bargain if they had only made 5 of them. (Assuming it cost more than 50m to develop.)

the use of the word "Punto " in a bugatti forum? sacrilege!

that's classic - the first pothole he/she hits will send that car into the next county - expensive way to keep some tarmac nice and dry........

Yea, and you couldn't fit the shopping in the boot....
derryman, I don't think it will be the owners only car. It's great to see people do well so I hope the new owner enjoys their purchase.